Five ways you can save money
|You see this puppy? (Well okay it's a donkey) I made it. Yup, just some cereal boxes, cardboard, wrapping paper, tape and time! It was virtually free because I already had these things in the house! PS Thank You Internet!|
As you know, I have a fascination with the 40's and 50's. And toning down my spending has only helped me to relate and want to dig a bit more into these decades. They were certainly more resourceful and frugal than we are today. All suggestions are things I do. And with no further ado:
Five ways to Save:
1) Make your Milk last longer. When your gallon is half full, supplement with powdered milk. In a seperate bowl mix together water and powdered milk. For every one cup of water add 1/3 cup of powdered milk. Add into jug of milk, close, shake and put in fridge I supplement with about five cups of powdered milk.
2) Hang half your laundry.
3) Turn off your water heater during the day and while you sleep. I have a friend who does this and saves $50 a month!!
4) Do your own oil changes: or have your hubby do it. ;-)
5) Set your thermostat at 65 or below. Ours is set to automatically go down at 62 when we sleep and in the middle of the day.
Other things we are doing:
1) Make our own homemade pizza, pudding, popcorn, pie crust, soft pretzels,
2) Meal planning for the month. I used to do this for two weeks but it's cheaper I beleive for the month.
3) Making my own cleaning products, mouthwash, laundry detergent, toothpaste. If you ask for it I'll be happy to share.
4) Cancelled our netflix account and will be using the library more.
5) Changed my phone plan. I no longer use my iphone as a phone. I don't have a data plan on my phone and cut back my minutes. Saving some moolah.
How do you save??