My friend from Jillian B Photography took pictures for us last week and here is a sneak peak!! There is so much I haven't blogged about like our 3 day canoeing and camping trip in August. Then there was a weekend get away to Jim Thorpe for Danny and I. And then we all got sick and there was Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need to get on top of it all!!
Friday, February 5, 2016
Thursday, August 13, 2015
It was a busy July! Here is what we did:
1) My brother Devin s graduation Party
2) Had a 4th of July Party
3) A one day Art Camp at Hendershots
4) Flint Hill Farm Boshkowskis
5) A visit to the local pool with Finkbeiners
6) Canoeing on the Lehigh River with Allreds
7) Carnival and Fireworks with Boswells
8) Pioneer Day picnic at Church
9) Shakespeare Camp
10) Shakespeare for Kids Play at DeSales
11) Celebrate Dannys Birthday
12) Pizza on the Grill with Finkbeiners
What did you do in July??
Our very generous neighbors, the Kunsmans not only let us pick their apples but also let us use their pavilion, burners, pots, etc., to make applesauce. Plus we invited some friends the Lawracys. We went home with a lot of applesauce! 😀 We have the most generous neighbors ever!!!
Monday, August 10, 2015
I was just taking notes for myself, after reflecting upon such a successful summer camp. It excites me and thrills me so much that I am already planning next year's. Hope this helps anyone who wants to do this in the future!
1) Memorize something important such as historical documents or classic stories : make it fun with singing, hand motions and expression
2) Be theatrical when teaching: wear costumes, makeup, use fake accents
3) Crafts: making things = making memories. Using your hands reinforces what your learning
4) Snacks: Have yummy, healthy snacks to eat and the more themed the better
5) Games: Trivia games and ones that get kids moving are stimulating and strangely calming for the learning moments
6) Performing. When kids perform what they learn, not only do they have a good time but they also are more likely to remember it!
7) A finale: There should always be something to look forward and work towards at the end: A reward, play, Big Game, CAKE, etc.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Yesterday Hayzel got a hold of my lip gloss. Brinley notified me right away. She then asked if she could wear some which I obliged. Of course all three girls wanted lip gloss, so they all got some. Hayzel is hilarious first insisting to put it on herself....until she realized that wasn't happening. I showed her how I did it on myself and she pursed her lips. Brinley was ready to go and walked the walk with her hands out and ready. Elly did the same and then said:
"Look, I'm a Mommy!"
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Saturday, August 1, 2015
|We are missing 2 girls, one just moved and another is on vacation|
|Their crafts, well okay apparently Brinley is holding Hayzels' craft. It is flowers made from paint and toilet paper rolls|
|okay so apparently this is Brinley's craft, and mother of the year I am, I threw it out because I thought it was baby Hayzels' (I helped Hayzel make a flower-not Brinley)|
Friday, July 24, 2015
Elly has been blessed with a beautiful voice. And seriously people, it's not just me with all my motherly admiration. I have had people approach me and tell me she has such a clear beautiful voice. She has a natural gift my almost 8 year old. And so we know another young lady in our church who is equally as blessed start giving Elly voice lessons a few weeks ago. She loves it! And look what her teacher Mrs. Cecliy made!! Awesome!!