Consistency is the mother of Invention

So I added another little chore to the girls short list. Washing windows and mirrors. Just one window or mirror a day. I have found that it is the small consistencies that have shaped my children's character. Reading books everyday, doing morning chores, helping mommy cook, activity worksheets, walks to the park, reading lessons, bath time, scripture reading, prayer and lullabies. These are the small pieces to our day. They bring my girls comfort and safety in knowing what the schedule is, and when we have off days, there are always those, you can feel it. I find myself more irritable and the girls are more whiny. I struggle with consistency. At least once a week we fall off the bandwagon. Each new week I find myself vowing to do better the following. I know it's important. I see the positive effect it has on my girls. And so the training continues, on Mom and girls.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Time Sentences

My Love Story Part 1

Santa or Not?