Kids say the Darndest Things

In the Car, driving to the bank, ironically
Elly: Mommy we can go to the toy store to get money. Thats where you get money.
Me: Umm..no sweetheart. We don't get money at the toy store. We have to work hard to get money.
(in hind sight I should have mentioned the bank somewhere in there)
Elly: Oh, Mommy I don't know anything and you know everything. :-(
Me: Oh sweetheart, you know lots of things! Your a smart little girl.
Elly: But I know nothing about hard work.
Me: Yes you do! You work hard everyday! You make your bed, get dressed, take out the trash and set the table!
Elly: I do? I'm a hard worker? What else do work hard at?
Me: You work hard cleaning the playroom and your room and sharing your toys.
Elly: Oh, what else do I work hard at?

Me: You work hard at drawing pretty pictures and dancing and singing.
Elly: Oh, what else do I work hard at?
Me: You work hard helping Mommy cook dinner and bake cakes.
Elly: Oh, what else do I work hard at?
Me: You help Mommy fold laundry, and remind us to say our prayers and read our scriptures.
This went in till we arrived at the bank. I don't ever want my little girl to feel as if she knows nothing. And I do want her to work hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love Story Part 1

Meal Time Sentences

Pregnancy Fears