B is for Butterfly
|Our butterfly snack, lettuce, craisin, and and peanut butter cereal concoction my friend whipped up|
|the work book all the kiddies use with a marker. its great then we wipe it away when we are done.|
Twice a week for two hours our girls get together for some songs, games, crafts and fun. Each mom gets a chance to teach, rotating each week at one of our homes. We are in our second week, my week to teach the letter B and number two.
|Our Calendar. We count the days we are at.|
We start off with a consistent routine with prayer, song, and going over the weather, months and days of the week (in song form of course). And of course going over the alphabet and calendar.
Then it is lesson time! I will give you he brief overview of our lesson for the girls today.
|Check out these beautiful butterflies!|
1) Read 10 little ladybugs (a counting book, in which we count the disappearing lady bugs on every page)
2) Tracing the number 2 (on this awesome activity book my mom got me from Five Below)
|Shhh!! Class is in Session!|
3) Take Turns emptying a bag full items that begin with the letter B and of course counting these items. We also talks about the sound the letter B makes.
4) Look at the jar with a butterfly in and talk about the life cycle of a butterfly (not real butterfly)
5) Dress up as butterflies (wings) and fly around the living room to pretty music while searching for letters Bs. (I taped them all over the wall). Afterwards we of course counted those letter Bs.
|Coloring and tracing is lots of fun!|
7) The girls get some more butterfly dancing time, while I clear the table and set up for some letter B coloring.
8) Coloring Time! Followed by fifteen minutes of playtime
9) Coloring our Butterfly masks with marker
10) Snack time! Butterfly snacks!
11) Playtime till the moms come to pick them up!
Lots of fun! The kids were great! They are pretty adorable at this age, which by the way is four years old.
|We sing our ABC's and take turns pointing to them-oh the fun ;-)|
Linking Up with: