What Every GOOD Summer Camp Needs
I was just taking notes for myself, after reflecting upon such a successful summer camp. It excites me and thrills me so much that I am already planning next year's. Hope this helps anyone who wants to do this in the future!
1) Memorize something important such as historical documents or classic stories : make it fun with singing, hand motions and expression
2) Be theatrical when teaching: wear costumes, makeup, use fake accents
3) Crafts: making things = making memories. Using your hands reinforces what your learning
4) Snacks: Have yummy, healthy snacks to eat and the more themed the better
5) Games: Trivia games and ones that get kids moving are stimulating and strangely calming for the learning moments
6) Performing. When kids perform what they learn, not only do they have a good time but they also are more likely to remember it!
7) A finale: There should always be something to look forward and work towards at the end: A reward, play, Big Game, CAKE, etc.