What Every GOOD Summer Camp Needs

I was just taking notes for myself, after reflecting upon such a successful summer camp. It excites me and thrills me so much that I am already planning next year's.  Hope this helps anyone who wants to do this in the future!



1) Memorize something important such as historical documents or classic stories : make it fun with singing, hand motions and expression


2) Be theatrical when teaching: wear costumes, makeup, use fake accents


3) Crafts:  making things = making memories. Using your hands reinforces what your learning


4) Snacks:  Have yummy, healthy snacks to eat and the more themed the better


5) Games:  Trivia games and ones that get kids moving are stimulating and strangely calming for the learning moments


6) Performing.  When kids perform what they learn, not only do they have a good time but they also are more likely to remember it!


7) A finale:  There should always be something to look forward and work towards at the end: A reward, play, Big Game, CAKE, etc.



Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love Story Part 1

Meal Time Sentences

Pregnancy Fears