Brinley is helping Ellyanna with her chores. She is now setting the table too! Ignore the crazy doo she has, this is what it looks like when she pulls out her sticking straight up ponytail.
Since I enjoyed reading "A Christmas Carol" with the family so much, I decided it was a tradtion I wanted to carry through out the year. And so I have a list, a list that is ever growing. I have this goal to simplify my life from all unimportant things. The goal is to replace those distractions with purpose, more family time, more husband time, more spiritual time. And one of those BIG UGLY distractions is the TV. I hate to admit it, but the hubby and I are TV addicts. It's the very reason we don't have cable. I would literally be watching HGTV or something raunchy like the "The Real Housewives of Something" 24/7, and what kind of mom would I be then?? Side note: I am exactly that kind of mom when I go to my inlaws who have a big flat screen and cable. And so to force myself out of this addiction, I have come up with a pl...
Brinley took off at the speed of light. She always does this after a bath. I wipe her down with a towel and the moment I let go she runs as fast as those pudgy little legs will let her. She loves being free of her diaper, so this night I thought I would give her this opportunity. She raced throughout the rooms, her chunky lil bum jiggling as she bobbed. Oh it is heavenly to watch her waddle and march, run and skip. Elly and I began reading and going over words when suddenly a chubby hand slapped at my shoulder. This is how Brinley catches our attention. "Dah!" Brinley yelled, pointing towards the hallway. "What is it Brinley?" I perked up, staring beyond my creamy skinned child. "Dah!". She shouted, hitting my shoulder once more, then taking a few steps in the direction she had pointed; sticking her finger out again. I stood up following Brinley who promptly marched into the living room. She stopped just before we approach...
You see this puppy? (Well okay it's a donkey) I made it. Yup, just some cereal boxes, cardboard, wrapping paper, tape and time! It was virtually free because I already had these things in the house! PS Thank You Internet! When budgets shrink there is cause to be a bit more creative. And with taxes going up for middle class and beyond, it'a time to get busy with some frugality tips. I have asked a many people for ideas and would like to share. :-) As you know, I have a fascination with the 40's and 50's. And toning down my spending has only helped me to relate and want to dig a bit more into these decades. They were certainly more resourceful and frugal than we are today. All suggestions are things I do. And with no further ado: Five ways to Save: 1) Make your Milk last longer. When your gallon is half full, supplement with powdered milk. In a seperate bowl mix together water and powdered milk. For every one cup of water add 1/3 cup of powde...
Comments